RAS Ski Bluewood 2019
Once again, RAS has the opportunity to partner with Bluewood for our 2019 ski program! Ski Info Parent Meeting: November 29 at 6 pm.
Dates: Four consecutive Fridays in Winter 2019
- February 15
- February 22
- March 1
- March 8
Register and pay online by Friday, December 14, 2018 for a $25 discount per student.
Forms that need to be filled out:
- Program Registration and Medical Release
- Bluewood Lesson Slip (only available hardcopy at front desk as this is a triplicate form)
- Equipment Rental Agreement (only if you're renting and only available hardcopy as this is a triplicate form)
Parents or chaperones do not register with these forms. Their rentals and lift tickets are to be purchased that day at Bluewood. Make sure you get on the Parent List for a $25 discounted lift ticket.
Bluewood dry fit day: February 5th.
You may rent from Bluewood, or if you'd like to have the equipment before you go up to the mountain, Dusty's is offering a special Rogers package.
$80 for the month of RAS ski days. Pick up your gear from Dusty's during the week before our first ski day and keep it for the entire ski program session, only returning after March 8.
This is applicable both for student and parent rental. Contact Dusty's at (509)522-1443 for more info.
Skill Level Descriptions:
When you're filling out your lesson slip, please keep the following in mind:
Ski Ability Level Descriptions:
Beginner: Skied before but still needs to learn how to turn and stop.
Intermediate: Can turn and stop on green slopes. Beginning to make complete turns on blue slopes.
Advanced: Can ski on blue and groomed black slopes. Can make parallel turns.
Snowboard Ability Level Descriptions:
Intermediate: Can demonstrate proper stance. Can make turns on green and groomed blue slopes. Are familiar with basic movements (flex/extend, edging, turn direction).
Advanced: Can make complete turns on groomed blue and black slopes. Can demonstrate the basic movements.
10:00 a.m. Never ever Skied or Snowboarded before (pink) and Beginner Ski/Board (yellow).
11:00 a.m. Intermediate Ski/Board (green), Advanced Board
1:00 p.m. Advanced Ski(orange)
All lessons will meet at the old lesson location near the Triple Nickel lift. Bluewood instructors have final say on which lessons your student will be in. They reserve the right to either move a student up a level or down a level depending on their abilities.
Full Package (lift, rental, lesson): Before 12/14 - $205. After 12/14 - $230.
Lift/Lesson: Before 12/14 - $165. After 12/14 - $190
Rental/Lesson: Before 12/14 - $165. After 12/14 - $190
Lesson only: Before 12/14 - $105. After 12/14 - $130.
Bus: $40 (for four round-trip rides)
Other Important Information:
- The Ski Bluewood program is only available for students ages 6 and older. 5 year olds are welcome to attend with their parents but wouldn't be eligible for lessons. They will be eligible for a free lift ticket per Bluewood's policy.
- Siblings who don't attend RAS/MSAS are not eligible for this program.
- All students ages 6 and older must take lessons.
- Students in grades K-4 must have an adult chaperone present.
- Snowboarding lessons are only available for students in grades 3 and higher.
- All students are required to wear a helmet. Bluewood has some for rental or you can purchase one at the RAS front desk. These are not included in the cost of participation.
- You may not switch disciplines. Once you've chosen snowboarding, you may not switch to skiing.
- A make-up day will be pre-scheduled. This is for students who missed a day due to illness, family emergency, or RAS conflict (music tour, etc.). Students will receive lift ticket and rentals for the make-up day - no lessons.
- Students participating in the RAS sponsored music tour on Feb 27-March 2 can make up that day any day in March. Students will receive lift tickets and rentals for the day - no lessons.
- No refunds after February 8, 2019
What to bring:
- lunch or money for lunch
- layered clothing under snow pants and a jacket
- warm hat
- sunglasses or goggles
- gloves or mittens
- warm socks
Instructions for that day:
1. If you're riding the bus, meet at RAS at 7:15 a.m. for a 7:30 a.m. (sharp) departure. The bus will not wait for latecomers.
2. If you're taking your own transportation, you can leave from home whenever you choose. Be sure to allow time to get your gear on to make your lesson.
3. If you have your own equipment: Once you arrive at Bluewood, park your skis/boards outside on the racks provided. You may put on your boots, etc. in the cafeteria. DO NOT GO DOWNSTAIRS TO THE RENTAL SECTION TO PUT ON YOUR GEAR.
4. If you are renting: Once you arrive at Bluewood, go to the cafeteria upstairs and put on your boots. They will be laid out by your lesson time/level. DO NOT PUT ON YOUR EQUIPMENT IN THE RENTAL OFFICE. Once your boots and gear is on, then you'll go down to the rental office to get your skis or board.
5. Students enrolled in the program: retrieve your lift ticket from Mrs. Bryant. I'll be standing at the double doors in the cafeteria, leading out to the balcony.
6. Parents wishing to purchase a lift ticket: check in at the ticket counter downstairs to make your purchase. Anyone's name on the list attached will get a $25 lift ticket. If a name needs to be added to the list, let me know ASAP.
7. Lifts open at 9. The 1st session of lessons are at 10 a.m. and every hour following. Meet 10 minutes before your lesson time at the new ski school area at the base of the bunny hill by the new easy rider lifts.
8. Students have a colored dot on their lift tickets to match the color of lesson time/level.
Never Ever: pink
9. ALL STUDENTS MUST CHECK IN WITH THEIR CLASSROOM REP between 11:30-1 p.m. in the cafeteria.
10. No one is allowed to ski alone. All students must ski with a partner or a group. No single skiing ever.
11. There will always be at least one RAS staff member in the lodge. If you have any problems or questions, see that staff member.
12. If you're riding the bus, we will be leaving at 4:15 p.m.
Information for students not participating in RAS Ski Days:
We are currently in the process of scheduling our enrichment activities and will update this page as soon as possible.