RAS Ski Bluewood 2022
Once again, RAS has the opportunity to partner with Bluewood for our 2022 ski program! Ski Info Parent Meeting: November 30 at 5:30 p.m.
Dates: Four consecutive Fridays in Winter 2022
- January 14
- January 21
- January 28
- February 4
Payment is through RAS - pay online here.
Registration is all online through Bluewood. Visit https://bluewood.whitepeakstechnologies.com/ and select the orange "group registration" button on the right. The group code is RA2021-22. You'll be directed to the RAS official Bluewood page where you can select your package and fill out the waiver and rental info (optional).
Parents or chaperones do not register with these forms. Their rentals and lift tickets are to be purchased that day at Bluewood. Make sure you get on the Parent List for a $35 discounted lift ticket.
Bluewood dry fit day TBD (only if you're renting)
You may rent from Bluewood, or if you'd like to have the equipment before you go up to the mountain, Dusty's is offering a special Rogers package.
If you are interested in renting gear from Dusty’s, they are offering the following packages:
1. Pick up now for the entire season. Student $185, Adult $250
2. Pick up Jan. 2 for the entire season. Student $150, Adult $220
3. Pick up Jan. 2 for 4 weeks. Student $100, Adult $150
4. Pick up and drop off every Friday. Student $85, Adult $120
Contact Dusty's at (509)522-1443 for more info.
Skill Level Descriptions:
When you're filling out your lesson slip, please keep the following in mind:
Ski Ability Level Descriptions:
Beginner: Skied before but still needs to learn how to turn and stop.
Intermediate: Can turn and stop on green slopes. Beginning to make complete turns on blue slopes.
Advanced: Can ski on blue and groomed black slopes. Can make parallel turns.
Snowboard Ability Level Descriptions:
Intermediate: Can demonstrate proper stance. Can make turns on green and groomed blue slopes. Are familiar with basic movements (flex/extend, edging, turn direction).
Advanced: Can make complete turns on groomed blue and black slopes. Can demonstrate the basic movements.
Lesson times: TBD
Never ever Skied or Snowboarded before (pink) and Beginner Ski/Board (yellow).
Intermediate Ski/Board (green), Advanced Board
All lessons will meet at the old lesson location near the Triple Nickel lift. Bluewood instructors have final say on which lessons your student will be in. They reserve the right to either move a student up a level or down a level depending on their abilities.
There are two different rates, depending on when you sign up.
Early Bird: Must be registered and paid by December 6
$220: Full package (lift, rental, and lessons)
$180: Lift and lesson only
$180: Rental and lesson only
$125: Lesson only
Regular Rates: Must be registered and paid by January 3
$245: Full package (lift, rental, and lessons)
$205: Lift and lesson only
$205: Rental and lesson only
$150: Lesson only
Other Important Information:
- The Ski Bluewood program is only available for students ages 6 and older. 5 year olds are welcome to attend with their parents but wouldn't be eligible for lessons. They will be eligible for a free lift ticket per Bluewood's policy.
- Siblings who don't attend RAS/MSAS are not eligible for this program.
- All students ages 6 and older must take lessons.
- Students in grades K-4 must have an adult chaperone present.
- Snowboarding lessons are only available for students in grades 3 and higher.
- All students are required to wear a helmet. Bluewood has some for rental or feel free to purchase one at a sports equipment store. These are not included in the cost of participation.
- You may not switch disciplines. Once you've chosen snowboarding, you may not switch to skiing.
- A make-up day will be pre-scheduled. This is for students who missed a day due to illness, family emergency, or RAS conflict (music tour, etc.). Students will receive lift ticket and rentals for the make-up day - no lessons.
- No refunds after January 3, 2022
What to bring:
- lunch or money for lunch
- layered clothing under snow pants and a jacket
- warm hat
- sunglasses or goggles
- gloves or mittens
- warm socks
Instructions for that day:
1. If you're riding the bus, meet at RAS at 7:15 a.m. for a 7:30 a.m. (sharp) departure. The bus will not wait for latecomers.
2. If you're taking your own transportation, you can leave from home whenever you choose. Be sure to allow time to get your gear on to make your lesson.
3. If you have your own equipment: Once you arrive at Bluewood, park your skis/boards outside on the racks provided. You may put on your boots, etc. in the cafeteria.
4. If you are renting: Once you arrive at Bluewood, go to the Hub (yurt to the left of the parking lot) and get your boots. They will be labeled with your name. Bring your boots and gear up to the cafeteria to get dressed and retrieve your lift ticket. Once you're all suited up, go back to the Hub to retrieve your skis or board.
5. Students enrolled in the program: retrieve your lift ticket from Mrs. Bryant. I'll be standing at the double doors in the cafeteria, leading out to the balcony.
6. Parents wishing to purchase a lift ticket: check in at the ticket counter downstairs to make your purchase. Anyone's name on the list attached will get a $35 lift ticket. If a name needs to be added to the list, let me know ASAP.
7. Lifts open at 9. The 1st session of lessons are at 10 a.m. and every hour following. Meet 10 minutes before your lesson time.
8. Students have a colored dot on their lift tickets to match the color of lesson time/level.
Never Ever: pink
9. ALL STUDENTS RIDING THE BUS MUST CHECK IN WITH THEIR CLASSROOM REP between 11:30-1 p.m. in the cafeteria.
10. No one is allowed to ski alone. All students must ski with a partner or a group. No single skiing ever.
11. There will always be at least one RAS staff member in the lodge. If you have any problems or questions, see that staff member.
12. If you're riding the bus, we will be leaving at 4:15 p.m.
A limited number of scholarships are available to help with ski programs fees. Up to 50% of early bird ski package price may be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. The student's tuition bill must be current to be eligible for ski scholarship. Please submit scholarship requests by December 30, 2021. Approved scholarship recipients will need to pay their portion directly to the RAS Business Office no later than January 3, 2022.
Information for students not participating in RAS Ski Days:
The ski program is optional and students who choose not to
participate will be able to participate in cooking, art, salmon printing, crafts, legos, drama, and more!