Information for students not participating in RAS Ski Days:
Wednesday, January 17 starts our Ski Bluewood program at RAS and will continue 4 consecutive Wednesdays through February 7. If your student isn't skiing and will instead be at RAS, there's lots of fun in store for them as well!
If you haven't already, you will be hearing from your child's teacher as to where students should check in that morning. All students will continue to be with other students of their grade level, but there will be some classrooms that are combined due to fewer students on campus. Additionally, depending on schedules, your child may or may not be with their regular classroom teacher on this day, but will instead be with one of the other teachers of their grade level.
In addition to other activities or study opportunities provided by the classroom teacher on duty, students will participate in lego design, cooking, sewing, and art classes. It's our desire that everyone, whether skiing or not, have a fun, enriching day.
We still have openings for parents wishing to volunteer with any of these enrichment classes. Please contact Mrs. Bryant ASAP if you're available to help.
Information for students participating in RAS Ski Days:
We're on a countdown to our ski days! Some last minute tips and important info:
1. If you're riding the bus, meet at RAS at 7:15 a.m. for a 7:30 a.m. (sharp) departure. The bus will not wait for latecomers.
2. If you're taking your own transportation, you can leave from home whenever you choose. Be sure to allow time to get your gear on to make a possible 10 a.m. lesson.
3. If you have your own equipment: Once you arrive at Bluewood, park your skis/boards outside on the racks provided. You may put on your boots, etc. in the cafeteria. DO NOT GO DOWNSTAIRS TO THE RENTAL SECTION TO PUT ON YOUR GEAR.
4. If you are renting: Once you arrive at Bluewood, go to the rental office downstairs and retrieve your equipment. DO NOT PUT ON YOUR EQUIPMENT IN THE RENTAL OFFICE. Park your skis/boards outside on the racks and put on your boots, etc. in the cafeteria.
5. Students enrolled in the program: retrieve your lift ticket from Mrs. Bryant. I'll be standing at the double doors in the cafeteria, leading out to the balcony.
6. Parents wishing to purchase a lift ticket: check in at the ticket counter downstairs to make your purchase. Anyone's name on the list attached will get a $20 lift ticket. If a name needs to be added to the list, let me know ASAP.
7. Lifts open at 9. The 1st session of lessons are at 10 a.m. The 2nd session are at 1 p.m. Meet 10 minutes before your lesson time at the ski school area (you'll see the banners) located up the hill to the right. Students are required to attend their lesson.
8. Students have a colored dot on their lift tickets to match the color of flag they should find for their lessons.
9. ALL STUDENTS MUST CHECK IN WITH THEIR CLASSROOM REP between 11:30-1 p.m. in the cafeteria.
- Kindergarten - check in with Mrs. Castleman
- 1st and 2nd - check in with Mrs. Browning or Mrs. Wessman
- 3rd and 4th - check in with Mrs. Claridge
- 5th and 6th - check in with Mr. Andersen, Mrs. Thomas, or Mrs. Solis
- 7th and 8th - check in with Mr. Hogate or Mrs. Busby
Can't find any of them? You can check in with Mrs. Bryant
10. No one is allowed to ski alone. All students must ski with a partner or a group. No single skiing ever.
11. There will always be at least one RAS staff member in the lodge. If you have any problems or questions, see that staff member.
12. If you're riding the bus, we will be leaving at 4:30 p.m.
For the first day, it will most certainly be a little confusing and a smidge disorganized. Please be patient, not only with RAS staff, but with Bluewood staff as well.