Welcome to a brand-new school year.
September Book Orders - Should arrive Sept. 28
Some sites where childen can learn something new:
Scholastic - Learn at Home (scroll down to grade level)
CNN10 - Daily 10 minutes of news
The Cincinnati Zoo has a daily animal experience during these weeks we are home. Visit their website and check it out.
DiscoveryMountain - Discover God's plan for Peabody, and think about God's plan for your life.
Snow days - E-day assignments are due the following day, but will be accepted when completed.
e-mail: click here
Hey, kids! Need something to do?
- Read a lot of books!
- Keep a journal of your ideas or activities, or write a story, or even a book!
- Go to the library or the book store and get a new book.
- If you go on a trip, take pictures and keep a journal so you can share with the rest of us.
- Learn a new sport or activity, or practice an activity you already do.
- Practice the piano or your instrument.
- Learn to take fabulous photos with your phone or camera.
- Help Mom or Dad or Grandma or Grandpa with household jobs or outdoor jobs.
- Entertain your younger brothers or sisters--give Mom and Dad a break.
- Spend some time in the kitchen and learn to cook.
- **Oh, and don't forget to read!!
About me: This will be my 24th year teaching at Rogers. I grew up in Massachusetts and attended Atlantic Union College and Fitchburg State College, where I earned a B.S. and M.Ed. in Elementary Education. I love kids, reading, teaching and school!
My husband, David, teaches at Walla Walla University. We have two sons: Matthew, a structural engineer, lives and works in Spokane; Jonathan works as a hospital controller in Southern California.
I enjoy walking and bike riding, playing Scrabble, reading all kinds of books, making bread and pies, and eating chocolate!