It's summer time. The books are put away, the lockers are cleaned out, and students are challenging themselves with summer activities. I hope everyone has a great summer! See you on August 23.
Miss Wright, student teacher
Spelling Bee Winners
Red Ribbon Week
Learning about the Oklahoma Land Rush with Ms. Wright
Learning under the tent
Some sites where childen can learn something new:
Scholastic - Learn at Home (scroll down to grade level)
CNN10 - Daily 10 minutes of news
The Cincinnati Zoo has a daily animal experience during these weeks we are home. Visit their website and check it out.
DiscoveryMountain - Discover God's plan for Peabody, and think about God's plan for your life.
Snow days - E-day assignments are due the following day, but will be accepted when completed.
e-mail: click here
Hey, kids! Need something to do?
- Read a lot of books!
- Keep a journal of your ideas or activities, or write a story, or even a book!
- Go to the library or the book store and get a new book.
- If you go on a trip, take pictures and keep a journal so you can share with the rest of us.
- Learn a new sport or activity, or practice an activity you already do.
- Practice the piano or your instrument.
- Learn to take fabulous photos with your phone or camera.
- Help Mom or Dad or Grandma or Grandpa with household jobs or outdoor jobs.
- Entertain your younger brothers or sisters--give Mom and Dad a break.
- Spend some time in the kitchen and learn to cook.
- **Oh, and don't forget to read!!
About me: This will be my 24th year teaching at Rogers. I grew up in Massachusetts and attended Atlantic Union College and Fitchburg State College, where I earned a B.S. and M.Ed. in Elementary Education. I love kids, reading, teaching and school!
My husband, David, teaches at Walla Walla University. We have two sons: Matthew, a structural engineer, lives and works in Spokane; Jonathan works as a hospital controller in Southern California.
I enjoy walking and bike riding, playing Scrabble, reading all kinds of books, making bread and pies, and eating chocolate!