Governor Jay Inslee has closed all public & private K-12 schools effective March 17 through April 24, at minimum. Rogers Adventist School will be compliant with this closure.
During this unprecedented situation, RAS teachers pledge the following:
- Valuable Educational Experience with Continuity
- Amazing Communication
- Awesome Customer Service
Here's what parents can expect:
- The RAS front office will hold regular office hours from 8-4 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8-12 on Friday.
- Daily announcements will be recorded and posted here.
- E-day education will be a combination of online games, resources, and activities along with hard copy lessons, books, packets, and activities.
- Teachers will post the weekly lesson plan on their websites. Find that info here or on the teacher pages. The plan for the entire week will be posted by 8 a.m. Monday morning and will be broken down into daily chunks. Students may work ahead if they choose to.
- Packets of hard copy lessons will be available in classroom drop boxes (located in the front lobby) between 3-6 p.m. every Sunday. This is also where parents can drop off lessons to be graded and returned. This is a two way drop-off/pick-up system. Teachers will let parents know if there are new items for pick-up.
- Small groups are not allowed to meet. However, we are allowed to have 1:1 teacher-student interactions. Teachers will publish their office hours and parents are invited to schedule a 1:1 tutoring session with their child's teacher for 30 minutes each week. This is optional, but available to any student who needs help understanding a project or more specific attention on a lesson. These sessions are by appointment only so we can ensure that there are not multiple students at the same session.
- In addition to daily/weekly posted plans, each teacher will send a weekly update to parents about upcoming lessons and other important information.
- Administration will continue to send a weekly update to keep everyone informed.
- While there will be a healthy mix of online and hard copy lessons, each student will at some point need access to a computer. If your student does not have access to a device, please contact Mrs. Bryant to arrange to borrow one from RAS.
- If you know of a family who needs help providing lunches or other meals for their family, please contact Mrs. Bryant. There are resources that we can provide.
- Is your child struggling with worry or emotional stress in reference to COVID-19 or other issues? Please contact Mrs. Bryant and she can connect you with counseling options.
- It's so important that we stay connected as a school family. Please send Mrs. Bryant pictures or stories from your adventures at home! We want to keep everyone posted on our family happenings!
- Mrs. Bryant is in the office daily from 8-10 a.m. for questions or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mrs. Barnett is in the office daily from 10-4 p.m. for questions or email her at email@example.com